Monday, March 24, 2014

Comments on "Graphic Memoirs Come of Age" by William Bradley

I'm not entirely sure what Bradley wanted to explain in this article. At first he talks about the term "graphic novel" and how some works don't fit into this description. He later talks about Bechdel's works specifically. I didn't find this article interesting except for the part where he discusses whats "closures" are. Besides that I couldn't really get into it because I didn't read the works he was discussing. Even if I had, I don't see the point in his analysis.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Caroline :)
    I think the point of his article was to allow people to understand that graphic novels have more value than Just entertainment . Although it was hard to understand some of the material I think that his point was still accentuated. Knowing the specific works would've helped his message come across faster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I agree that this text was difficult to get into, considering that we didn't read the work the author constantly discussed throughout. Also, I feel like his argument was pretty weak here, it was tough to get a handle on just what the author was trying to push across.

    ReplyDelete